Wednesday 9 September 2009

Pleasure pur-loined


The first fruit of my first butchery lesson. Admittedly, this meal was somewhat disappointing probably in part due to my high expectation and the build-up which started from the moment I got my hands on the boning-knife.

By any standards, it was a nice roast. However, perhaps because the meat was so young and perhaps because of the kidneys in the stuffing(?) a farmyard-y smell and taste hung around our plates. Yes, very authentic and certainly fresh but not really what you want to linger over an evening meal. Sadly the beans were probably the best part, (look how nice and thick they are!) bought from a recently discovered market, perfectly cooked and tossed in oil and balsamic. I hope this loin disaster is not an omen signalling any negative butchering prospects nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment