Tuesday 26 October 2010

Belated Eggs


Although very late, I'm putting these photos up so I don't forget them. The other week we had a special delivery of eggs from G whose hens had laid them over in Dumfries. They were too special to use in everyday cooking so I had to try them out at breakfasts in a few different ways:

Scrambled


- plenty of butter
- two eggs barely beaten
- cooked for a few minutes so still creamy
- sourdough toast from Peter's Yard, which I think tastes a bit cardamom-y.

Poached


- shallow pan of water
- no vinegar
- one egg cracked in, simmered for a few minutes
- seeded rye bread from Scott's deli

Baked (made by M)

-cracked into rammekins
- baked in oven for about 8 minutes
- seasoned with s + p
- lots of butter on seeded rye toast

My favourite was the mini one (!). G informed us it would be completely white inside, with no yolk but we never got to try it as it was proudly exhibited in our kitchen for so long. Eggs really are among my favourite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment