Thursday 1 October 2009


And again, the g2 almost annoyingly matching my life - this time with Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall giving lunchbox tips. I feel ahead of the game here, having just adopted a bit of a lust for packed lunch perfection. I sat reading the newspaper with my thermos full of squash and cabbage soup/stew, an apple, half a slice of courgette cake and a ginger biscuit.
There is something so exciting about eating a mini picnic that you have prepared, wrapped and boxed in advance. It makes me feel even better about not spending money to buy lunch that might not be half as good, and that doesn't come in a thermos.. with a 'telescopic' spoon!

The courgette cake was originally going to be made (specially requested) for a friend's birthday but as I'd never made one I thought I'd try it out first. It turned out brilliantly - well, after the second bake in our untrustworthy gas oven - and is equally good with a cup of tea or a dollop of yoghurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment