Thursday 29 October 2009

Microwave Cooking made easy


This is a picture of the Battenberg Cake M made in the microwave. Yes! In the microwave. It's from a recipe out of a microwave cooking book that I guess was published right when microwaves were becoming cool things to have around the house. For something which was supposed to make cooking easier, a majority of the recipes are more intricate than any ones I've seen which don't use a microwave. The idea is to use something you would normally use to do basic heating up to make those most complicated meals: things like courgette mousse, potted shrimp and Battenberg Cake. It was a ridiculous amount of effort to make (it seemed) but you know what, it was good. I don't think I'd go so far as to eat microwaved moules mariniere which was threatened to be the next experiment. We'll see. I'm not going to judge till I've tried it. Who needs pots and pans?

No comments:

Post a Comment